The Day I Cooked
(after being in the Lodge for an entire month)
We all know: I hate to cook. & I can always come up with an excuse to not do it. (It's a skill that I should probably put on my resume.) The most popular reason of late that I'm not cooking is:
The Kitchen. It sucks.
For your added pleasure, I made some notes.
**Magnets From Hell: I was at a friend's house in 'bama last fall before we left & saw these super cute magnets from Leap Frog. They're letters! & you put them in the little doo-dad & it sings! About letters & their sounds! The cuteness coupled with the education? Perfection. I saw them right after we got here & had to snatch them up. I was dying for extra ways to entertain the boy. Oh, but then he decided that all he wants to do is fling them on the kitchen floor for us to step on them unknowingly. That's why there are only 5 letters up there. Because I refuse to put the rest up. They may or may not make it to the house next month.
But finally I had to do it. I had to cook. Hector was on duty & I felt the motherly obligation to feed my children. So of course, I went to my good friends Rice A Roni, canned chicken, & baked beans for help. & for the most part, they came through for me (not the baked beans, though. They were crap. Hector makes these baked beans to die for. & now I'm spoiled. He's such an ass.)
Proof that my children are getting fed when their father's at work earning a living for this family:
& they look happy! But this was at the beginnng of the meal... note that we hadn't really ate a lot.
They lived. I swear.

You have a KITCHEN?! Wow. I'm amazed. I really did not think you had such *luxuries* in the Lodge! :-)
ReplyDelete(BTW, your smart-ass brother-in-law's comment - because I KNOW he's not going to actually leave a comment: "Wow. She did all that? That probably took more time to do the graphic than to cook!" Heh, heh.