I digress: See the toy car in the background? Ha, funny story (if you're not Hector). So this whole Stay At Home Mom (SAHM, if you know anything about blogging...) thing is new to me. & honestly? It's getting better. I still love my kids. (Who knew?) But in the Lodge, it's very difficult. When you don't have your normal Arsenal of Fun for a toddler, you dream up things to entertain him. So one rainy day I took the kids to Toys 'R Us & I think we wasted a good 2 hours in there. I let those kids play with everything... we ended up buying a few things, but I didn't pay a cent, due to an accumulation of gift cards from Christmas (& one that I had forEVER that Mikayla reminded me of). So hours of fun? PLUS new toys to take home? & I didn't spend anything??
This equals the BEST. DAY. EVER.
But we saw the car there & he lurved it. Oh! So! Fun! But I got smart. Check the Exchange first! So we did & saved $20. Did The Best Day Ever, just get better? I think so.
The next day when I picked Hector up from work (I am the Family Chauffeur. It blows.) & he was telling me about his not-so-great day, I'm all "Hey! You know what your son would love? & it will help you relax & then we can play! Why don't you put the car together? It's one of those plastic thingies that I'm sure just pops together, it shouldn't take long."
::Blank stare::
"It's for your son."
::Death glare::
"Ok. Fine."
I barely escaped death that night... it, in fact, necessitated multiple tools (which we don't have & had to track down) & the "shouldn't take long" turned into 3 hours. But, I'm sure all evil thoughts about me vanished when Alex saw it for the first time & ran towards it squealing & so excited.
I'm sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment