About Me

My photo
Maybe it's more like 354 Days of the Ortiz Family... I seem to be the definition of "a day late and a dollar short." But it's a picture a day of our lives and a way to chronicle 2010. (maybe longer?)

Thursday 8.26.2010


Happy Birthday Hector! (aka PF Chang's, Part 2)

Ok. The back story: Last year (2009) for Hector's birthday, we took him to PF Chang's. Only one of his favoritest restaurants. (& it's a good middle of the road for us. He wants something different/special & I don't have to go to some middle eastern/korean/pakistani restaurant. He LOVES the different food types. Blech, I say.) So. Alex was approximately 2 months old. (Just a baaaaby!) & just as the main course arrived Alex decides to have the blow out of all blow outs. As in, liquid shit running down my lap. Hector runs off with Alex to change him. I (not moving) hurredly ask the waiter for a million to-go boxes & the check. We then haul ass home. The end.

So I'm thinking a second trip to PF Chang's (we haven't been back since) is a great idea for his birthday this year. I mean seriously. Alex is a year older, no more runny poops, he sits in a high chair, etc. Perfect! Let's have a family dinner celebrating Dad's birthday.

Apparently PF Chang's brings out the bodily fluids in the boy.

We're sitting there munching the great appetizers & Alex starts choking on something he's shoved in his mouth (The boy needs to learn quantity. His little mouth cannot possibly hold the amount of food his little fists try & shove into it). (& don't worry. He was still breathing so don't freak out about our lack of reaction.) So I throw my hand under his chin to catch whatever he's about to spew out when, instead of just a morsel of food, he empties the entire contents of his stomach into my hand.

Thankfully, the clean up was MUCH easier (sorry, PF Chang's for the really grody cloth napkin I left behind) & we went about the rest of our meal.

Too many more instances like this & we'll be on the persona non grada list at Chang's.

But we went home & finished it up with some fabulousness from DQ.



Ever the planner, I had forgotten to get candles. We had a 5 & 0. Hector chose to be turning 0, instead of 5 or 50. Huh.

Happy Birthday Hector!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment