About Me

My photo
Maybe it's more like 354 Days of the Ortiz Family... I seem to be the definition of "a day late and a dollar short." But it's a picture a day of our lives and a way to chronicle 2010. (maybe longer?)

Wednesday 12.29.2010

My poor, sickly little dude. When we first got up to PA, Alex was starting to get sickly. Then, the fever started. Knowing we were flying out in a week, I wanted him to get checked out, & if necessary, get antibiotics on board as soon as possible. So the Monday after Christmas we took him to an urgent care & he checked out just fine... it was viral (isn't it always?!). Back home we went with supportive care instructions & to return if he got substantially worse or continued running a fever after 48hrs.
Well, 104 is substantially worse in my book. & on Wednesday we called back to the urgent care to get an appointment. Oh, no such luck. Fan-freaking-tabulous. All appointments were booked. So off to the ER we went. [Side note: I HATE going to the ER for urgent care issues. I detest being that Mom that takes her kid to the ER for acute issues instead of going through the PCM. Unfortunately, when you're in the middle of a move & you have TRICARE, sometimes it's your only option. But I digress.] Alex was diagnosed with bilateral ear infections, & one had perforated... (JUST what we were trying to prevent by going on Monday, but whatever.) Thankfully, no pneumonia (he was acting like he did back in October when he had it, so we were worried, especially with the temps he was running).
But I had to get a picture of him in his wee, little hospital gown they put him in. Because he looks so. pathetic.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: