My poor little hot tamale.
104.0 this am.
(Hector & I had a little talk about covering him up when he was running a fever. I catch myself doing it all the time too.) But off to the pedi we went. Chest x-ray: normal. Pulse ox: 100%. CBC: elevated white count. This earned him a shot of Rocephin (yikes!) & Amoxicillin for 10 days. (Now THAT'S the definition of a good time: oral antibiotics for a 10-month-old. He HATES it.) & the pedi said to bring him back if he's not "markedly better" the next am.
He maxed out at 104.8 that day. Awesome.
Tues am he was still in the high 103's so off we went. Nothing had changed: no better (ugh) no worse (thank heavens). So he got another shot of Rocephin (my poor bambino) & we chilled out for the rest of the day.
Wed he was feeling better. Thurs he was back in school.
Yeesh! Thankfully he's doing much better. But we're still left with the Amoxicillin. I dread mornings & evenings now. Ugh.
104.0 this am.
(Hector & I had a little talk about covering him up when he was running a fever. I catch myself doing it all the time too.) But off to the pedi we went. Chest x-ray: normal. Pulse ox: 100%. CBC: elevated white count. This earned him a shot of Rocephin (yikes!) & Amoxicillin for 10 days. (Now THAT'S the definition of a good time: oral antibiotics for a 10-month-old. He HATES it.) & the pedi said to bring him back if he's not "markedly better" the next am.
He maxed out at 104.8 that day. Awesome.
Tues am he was still in the high 103's so off we went. Nothing had changed: no better (ugh) no worse (thank heavens). So he got another shot of Rocephin (my poor bambino) & we chilled out for the rest of the day.
Wed he was feeling better. Thurs he was back in school.
Yeesh! Thankfully he's doing much better. But we're still left with the Amoxicillin. I dread mornings & evenings now. Ugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment