About Me

My photo
Maybe it's more like 354 Days of the Ortiz Family... I seem to be the definition of "a day late and a dollar short." But it's a picture a day of our lives and a way to chronicle 2010. (maybe longer?)

Thursday 1.14.2010

Pray for these two pathetic parents. The boy is getting the best of us. It's 8:30pm and we are BEAT. Hector just made the comment "The kids are in bed, it's 8:15 and all I want to do is sleep." Alex (bless his little heart) is still getting up 2-3 times a night. He's 6 1/2 months old! Oh, how Mikayla spoiled me... she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. ::sigh::
We have a new routine. Well, "new" as in we're trying it tonight. By the time Alex & I get home, Hector & Mikayla have already been home for a while & have started dinner & are finishing up homework. So we're thinking that I nurse him when we get home and then do dinner, baths, etc. & more playing (to tire him out more, right?!) & then right before bed he gets a bottle. We're thinking that might hold him out longer. (versus nursing him down to sleep... which doesn't keep him full for as long) Christ, if he just gets up 1-2 times a night we'll be happy.
Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap. 2 - 3 times per night? I don't know how you do it. Just thinking about it makes me tired. I'm going to bed...

    ReplyDelete