About Me

My photo
Maybe it's more like 354 Days of the Ortiz Family... I seem to be the definition of "a day late and a dollar short." But it's a picture a day of our lives and a way to chronicle 2010. (maybe longer?)

Thursday 4.21.2011

Kauai - the Queen's Baths

Not far from the condo we were staying in was this beautiful hike down to the Queen's Baths. Beautiful, yes, yet another example of an "easy" hike that the tour books speak of. (I'm thanking my lucky stars we didn't sign up for any "medium" hikes.) But we made it & it opened up into a gorgeous waterfall on the coast.


With huge cliffs overlooking a LOT of white water. Trying to corale a toddler who was sick of being tied to my back was giving me heart attack after heart attack.







So after 50 heart attacks, I decided that Alex & I were best suited to go back to the condo pool (as I had promised him many times along the way we were going to play in the "wawer"). He & I headed back & Dawn, Ross, & the kids all went a little farther down the coast to a smaller bath that you could actually swim in (yet still not suitable for Alex).




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment