About Me

My photo
Maybe it's more like 354 Days of the Ortiz Family... I seem to be the definition of "a day late and a dollar short." But it's a picture a day of our lives and a way to chronicle 2010. (maybe longer?)

Thursday 11.25.2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Oh how I L-O-V-E the holidays! Full of family, fun, & food! It's just the best. My mom & grandma drove up from FL, one of Hector's friends, Pat, that he was stationed with in Jax came up from New Orleans, & a family we met when we first moved to B'ham (who have 2 daughters close to Mikayla's age) all came over for dinner. A full house! I was in hog heaven.
As usual, Hector was in charge of the food (when is he not?). & yet again, he outdid himself. It was deeelish. He was up super early getting things prepped... & what better to do it to than to some great tunes in the background.
Throwin' a leg up as he starts working on the bird:


& here's Pat with his entire forearm up the turkey's ass. Priceless.
Somebody left her DS out for little hands to play with...
Playing outside!! Oh how we LOVE to go play in the backyard. & the hat? So. damn. cute.
Little Rosie loves the backyard as much as her brother. Notice the leaves on her legs. Seriously. The dog is velcro... everything sticks to her. (Hector calls her the swiffer duster.) :)

The girls had a blast on the Wii.

& after dinner? Time to chill in the garage (man cave for the day) with the xbox. Apparently killing terrorists is the best way to burn off all the calories.
Seeing as how we didn't cook, the lady-folk got clean up duty.
Poor little Schatze. His only Thanksgiving meal was some subcutaneous fluids. Little dude has some kidney problems & needs to get fluids every other day. Whenever Mom comes up, it's Hector's job to do it & I become the human IV pole. I don't do the injections... just can't bring myself to. I work on humans only thankyouverymuch. Pat, always the "Baby Doc" in Hector's mind, got to learn how to do them... see one, do one, teach one, right?!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment