About Me

My photo
Maybe it's more like 354 Days of the Ortiz Family... I seem to be the definition of "a day late and a dollar short." But it's a picture a day of our lives and a way to chronicle 2010. (maybe longer?)

Sunday 1.31.2010

The daycare ladies told us that Alex needs a pair of shoes. As the parents of the 7-month-old that doesn't walk, shoes were the last thing on our minds! Apparently, Mr. I'm Way Advanced For My Age (except when it comes to sprouting teeth) is pulling up on anything & everything. This freaks out the good ladies that take care of him during the days & were scared to death he would slip with just his socks on. The morning crew just take his socks off & the afternoon ladies put them right back on "because it's winter"! Eh, we're cool either way. So off we went to Wallymart & bought a cheapo pair of new kicks for the boy!
Even though he looks happy, he was not. It was almost as if his feet had lead weights in them.
And the orange nose? I thought for sure this was his 1/4 Puerto Rican coming out, but much to Hector's dismay my docs at work immediately guessed that he's been eating lots of carrots & sweet potatoes. The beta karotene turns his nose orange! Love it.

Mikayla & I spent a lot of time together today. First, we ran errands today (woo hoo) & then we had a lovely brisk walk this evening (I'm on an exercise roll... we'll see how long it lasts). Well, I walked & she rode her bike. & then tonight she made an awesome tent in her room. Doesn't that just take you straight back to your childhood?! Love it. So we had some great mom-daughter time in there tonight.

For Christmas, I gave her quite possibly the coolest book ever. It's got all these great activities for Moms & their daughters. The cuteness is just overwhelming. So we hunkered down in her tent & did some of the activities from that book. It's a great way for her & I to keep the awesome relationship going that we had when it was just her & I.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oooh... Aunt Dawn wants to crawl in too! Virtually, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete